Monday 16 February 2015

If i, ever realised it... (The end has no end...contd. )

And i am back again...
With the continuation of the previous tale "The end has no end"


The journey of 30 minutes ended quickly, thanks to her fab story narrating skills and my cheese burger which kept me going. After a while we got down at our respective stations and headed back home. I could spot lots of couples walking hand in hand, comparatively more than the usual days, of course anyone could spot those romantic beings walking hand in hand as it's valentines's day ! I din't wanted to go back home, maybe food could do some good to my mood. Without a second thought i headed towards the nearest pizza outlet and ordered my all time favourite and waited impatiently for my order to arrive. All i could see around me were really cute young old couples, hand in hand, staring at each other in the possible romantic gestures that they could ! And there is me, sitting all alone and staring at them with the most creepiest looks i could offer during the romantic environment flowering around me. I could spot the cute waiter heading with the love of my life, handled with utmost care and then placing it over my table with the possible graceful gesture. The curve over my face just grew more broader and without a pause i started enjoying every bite of the cheese dripping pizza. No doubt, i did feel the absence of another human sitting in front of me, but then i just figured out i could let the void (absence of my valentine) breathe for a while with the help of food. For instance, i felt things around me was just getting more confusing, numb and blurred. I was in tears, wondering what have i exactly got to cry now about ? Things seemed to be all settled and perfect, but something was still eating up my mind. I stared back at my phone, thinking if i should ring up a random soul and burst out or whether stay back all calm and relaxed and fight with the confusing situation within my brain itself. I grabbed the tissues to wipe the tears off. Moments later i was jotting down something on the very same tear soaked tissue paper....and this is how it went...


You spelled it as the end,
while it was just the start.
You paused it without a blink,
while i replayed it with a stare.

You moved on with a grin,
I stood back all helpless.
Smile gleamed over your face,
betrayals took over my brain.

Deep inside you were numb,
and my facial always lied a smile.
You caged yourself all alive,
while i let myself fly by...


I stopped writing, as my phone was ringing, mom's name was flashing. I gathered all my stuff and started back for home, with the tissue paper crumpled in my hand. If i could ever figure out, what did i wanted badly at that point of time, then things could have been more easier and simpler. I started thinking about the previous important events in my life and was trying to examine what would have been more better, but then i realized its total vain crying over the spilled milk. By the time i reached home, i successfully masked a smile over my face and started discussing about my day with my parents. In my mind i was fighting with my thoughts, if i could oy figure out that what did i really want...still fighting with all the confusion with my over occupied mind...




-Oindrila Pal, BEING LEHA

No comments:

Post a Comment